Highly involved in social and welfare issues, the Students’ Union plays an important part in College life, representing the views and interests of the student community.
There is an election each spring to choose an Executive Committee who are then responsible for the day-to-day running of the Union, including:
- promoting the general welfare of students and the life and work of the College
- encouraging student social activities, clubs and societies
- organising social events, working for charities
- representing the student viewpoint on a wide range of College committees, e.g. the Governing Body
- campaigning on issues that directly affect students.
As a student of The Henley College, you are entitled to join the Union and register your own NUS card. This card is not only identification, but can be used to get all kinds of discounts and benefits from various shops, restaurants, cinemas and more. We are affiliated to the National Union of Students (NUS).